Wednesday, June 16, 2010

RAPPER/ACTRESS EVE SAYS MA$E IS THE REASON SHE STOPPED STRIPPING

Rapper/actress EVE has fellow hip-hop star MA$E
to thank for inspiring her to quit her job as a stripper
and pursue her music dreams after a chance
meeting at a New York club.

EVE (Pictured [Above] Stripping Before Her Music Career)

The Let Me Blow Ya Mind hitmaker spent her nights dancing
and disrobing for cash in the Bronx before an unexpected
encounter with Sean 'Diddy' Combs' former protege made
her realise it was time to keep her clothes
on and launch a career as a rapper.

RAP ARTIST - MA$E

In a new Behind the Music documentary, Eve recalls, "He
came into the club and looked at me and literally was like, 
'What's your name?' And I gave him every stripper name
under the sun! I was like, 'I'm Ginger, I'm Sassy!' He was
like, 'Why don't you go get dressed, let's go just talk.' And
we did, we talked throughout the night. He was like, 'You're
really talented. What are you doing? You know you're not
supposed to be here. You know it.'

"It was a confirmation for me that all these thoughts, all
this sadness. All these times that I wake up in the morning,
I'm like, 'Why do I feel like this?' And I know I'm not
supposed to be there. It just woke me up." The talk led
to Eve landing an audition with superproducer Dr. Dre at
the age of 18, before she signed to rap crew Ruff Ryders
and became the all-male group's First Lady.

1 comment:

Mike said...

How did he know she was "talented"? Was she rapping while stripping? Was he a regular at this club? A lot of holes in this story...